Friday, November 9, 2012

giving it a try

I let out a deep breath.  I'm not certain what to write, but since I entitled this blog "Let Us Not Mince Words" I will try to follow that mantra.

My husband was diagnosed as bipolar earlier this year.  We've been married twenty two years.  We have two teenage children, one of which will begin college in the fall.

We have so far shared the diagnosis with a counselor, my husband's doctors and of course his therapist.  His boss knows.  We have told our kids.  My husband has shared with a couple friends.  No other family members know.  No other work associates or neighbors.

I am still processing the newness of it all.  Sure, knowing explains A LOT.  It answers quite a few questions.  Yet, I still have so many.  Questions, that is.  I don't think I've fully comprehended what it all means or how to deal with it.

I decided yesterday, without much thought, to begin a blog about this.  I'm hoping to receive support from other wives who are facing this.  I'm hoping to connect and help and learn.  I enjoy writing.  I enjoy research.  So, why not?

Here's to us, the supporters of those facing bipolar-ness.  Help me if you can!  I thank you in advance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment